Master bow for viola Friedrich Glass * 68,5 gr
- model with stamp
Friedrich Glass (1904-1999). He studied with his father Gustav Adolf in 1918, took the master craftsman's examination in 1939 and took over the workshop in 1946 when his father died. In the early 1920s, the workshop was modernized, and so it existed to the end. Since the middle of the 18th century, the violin maker family Glass has been detectable in Klingenthal. Their instruments acquired a very good reputation, which at times even reached the legendary Hopf violins. Many members of the family have made careers outside of Klingenthal, becoming - partly international - ambassadors of Vogtland violin making. At the end of the 18th century, Christian Friedrich Glass founded the Bogenmacherei in Klingenthal.